Are you planning to undergo dental implants procedure to replace your missing tooth? If so, it is important to know about the surgical procedure, dental implants cost in Melbourne, and you would have come to know about the procedure and its cost through your dentist or searching online. Another important thing you need to know while undergoing dental implants treatment is the aftercare instructions and mainly the food diet you need to follow to speed up your recovery process. After undergoing dental implants in Melbourne, it is important to follow the aftercare instructions strictly to maintain the implants in good condition. Here we have mentioned few aftercare instructions that you should follow to speed up the recovery process.
Instruction to Be Followed Immediately After the Surgery
- Don’t disturb the surgical site immediately after the surgery.
- You can expect swelling after the surgery. To minimise the swelling, you can use an ice bag or cold packs to the adjacent area of the surgical site. You can apply it for 20 minutes and leave it for another 20 minutes. After 24 hours of the surgery, you can switch from cold pack to heating pad to reduce your swelling.
- Avoid using a straw to drink fluids since it can damage the clot formed on the surgical site.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol for few days after the surgery to speed up your healing process. Smoking can delay the recovery process.
- Avoid vigorous physical activities for few days after undergoing dental implants procedure. It is better if you resume light activities for two or three days after the procedure.
- You can rinse your mouth using warm salt water for every three hours to avoid the growth of bacteria or germs in your mouth. This helps to speed up the healing process and avoid tooth decay or cavity.
Diet to Follow
After the tooth implants in Melbourne, you need to take only liquid foods so that the surgical site is not affected. You need to drink more amounts of cold liquids, but as already mentioned you should not use a straw to drink liquids. Also, avoid drinking carbonated beverages or very hot drinks or foods.
You need to follow soft and non-chewing foods for 12 to 14 days after the surgery to allow your gum tissues to heal quickly. You can chop the foods into smaller pieces or use a blender to prepare the puree.
Patients maintaining good diet after the dental implants surgery feel better and recover faster. You need to avoid foods such as popcorn, chips, nuts or shells. Few foods you can include in your diet include
- Liquid foods like water, juice, milk, tea, and coffee.
- You can have home cooked bouillon, broth, and soups.
- Scrambled eggs, applesauce, and cottage cheese are recommended.
Also, you can include puddings, pound cake, ice cream, and milkshakes in your diet.