Exercise has become an essential part of today’s generation. Exercise helps you to stay physically fit and healthy. Mental happiness and fitness run parallel with a person’S physical fitness. A person with good physical health is likely to be in a blissful state of mind, as they don’t have to fret over health-related issues. People usually prefer indoor fitness over outdoor fitness with readily available equipment within their reach for better exercise.
Take a break from the everlasting indoor exercise at the gym and do your workouts outside the four walls of the gym in an open space. Add a little creativity and fun to your gym activity. Parks with fitness course are the best options to do your exercise outdoors. The challenge provided by the stair climbing machine at the gym is the same as any outdoor staircase. You can do push-ups, pull-ups, step-ups, etc. without any inconvenience.
With outdoor exercise, you get to experience two health-improving activities. The first one being your fitness and the other relaxing your mood with outdoor sceneries. Hence, it is also known by the name “green exercise.” An outdoor exercise helps to enhance your mood, reduction in wastage of time that is expended to reach the gym, and most importantly it saves money. Just a simple change in the location for your exercise can serve you exponential benefits.
Benefits of doing outdoor exercise
- Improves your mood: As compared to an indoor workout, outdoor workout provides a great boost to your mood. It is a proven fact that moving outdoors at times of crisis, anger or depression helps to improve your mental health. It also has nutritional benefits inform of vitamin D production. It is not necessary that you carry out a hardcore exercise. Activities like running, walking, gardening can also benefit you with physical health.
- Enhances your self-esteem: An exercise of even a five minute is sure to give your self-esteem a much-needed boost. You feel fresh and energized by just being in a place covered with greenery and water. A moderate physical exercise in an open area provides great improvement in your self-esteem than any other intense indoor exercise.
- Saves money: Exercising on a regular basis is necessary to avoid health issues in many cases. But people generally avoid doing exercise regularly because of the cost that needs to be expended while joining a gym. Exercising in an outdoor is a low-cost solution for any other indoor exercise. Trainers like Norwell Outdoor Fitness and others that pass on the exercising tips at parks also do not have to a huge amount for hiring a place. A small fee and the permission to carry out exercise sessions is all that is needed.
Tips for doing your exercise outside
- Early exercise: Many people watch out for the opportunity to miss their daily dose of exercise during the day time. It is advisable to start your exercise routine in the early hours of the day. In the morning time, you have your full energy, the air is fresh and clean, feel-good temperature.
- Avoid extreme temperatures: A human body is made in such a way that it can adapt itself to any temperature whether cold or hot. But exercise in extreme temperatures should be avoided as it can cause health issues like dizziness, headache, nausea, overheating, etc. Carry out your workout at a time when the temperature is moderate.
- Drink water: Drink water at least half an hour prior to starting your workout. The water helps you to be hydrated during your exercise session. 8 to 10 ounce of water keeps you hydrated for nearly 30 minutes of your workout. With water, you may get dehydrated even before you feel thirsty.
Precautions to be taken for outdoor exercise
- Wear clothing that is comfortable for exercise.
- Use well-padded sport shoes during exercise to protect you’re your feet.
- Use helmets and protective pads during cycling.
- Always start your exercise session with warm up and relax after the completion of exercise to avoid strains and sprains.
- Exercise should not be done with an empty stomach.
- Do not exercise in extreme weather conditions like hot and humid.
- Take regular intervals while doing exercise.